Dr. David Wallace March 22,2020 Sermon.
Join us on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. for Sunday school, then stay for the service that starts at 11:00 a.m
God has a specific purpose for Eastville Baptist Church on the Eastern Shores. For those of you who are new to the area, we see our role among our community on the Peninsula as one of showing God’s love, building godly families, and connecting with those who are hurting. Just as our farming, fishing, and vineyards produce valuable commodities to meet needs, so also God wants our hearts to reap his goodness and nourish others. We at EBC believe God’s Word is true, that Jesus is alive, and that God’s Spirit works mightily among us. This means that we seek to love him with all that we have, grow together in the knowledge of our Lord, and become a light to the world.
I invite you to visit one of our worship services, studies, or events, and I look forward to meeting you.
Pastor David Wallace
Growing up in a home where his father was a military officer, David traveled and lived in different parts of the United States and Europe. He says the best decision he made was to receive Jesus as his savior at age nine. He was alone in the family living room when he felt God’s Spirit and responded by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord of his life. Even though he had heard the message of the gospel, God initiated—a moment that changed the course of his life.
During his time earning his Ph.D. in New Testament from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth Texas, he married his wife, a musician-song writer. As a speaker, teacher, and pastor, he is a passionate about discovering truths from Scripture and communicating key principles that motivate and inspire Christians to live the Word of God. He believes that Scripture embodies God’s Person and that a healthy church will naturally apply what they learn about God’s heart in their relationsh
Welcoming Back for the 4th year in a row, Rev. Alicia Porterfield. Rev. Porterfield has led us through multiple books of the Bible with her love and knowledge of the Lord, and has entertained us the whole way with her personal antidotes. Come fellowship with other women and get closer to God. Our theme this year is: Courageous Obedience: Learning from the Women Who Followed Jesus. "But Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19. This year we're having one or two-night stay options. The one night cost is $90, the two-night cost is $130. The prices include breakfast(s), lunch, dinner (for two-night guests) and lodging. The retreat will take place at Sunset Beach Hotel, 32254 Lankford Hwy, Cape Charles, VA 23310. Lodging is double occupancy, 2 queen beds. Space is limited! Deadline for registration is March 29, 2020! We hope that you can join us! Check out our Facebook discussion board to view our flyer and our registration form.
Eastville Baptist Church is a community of faith centered on the Word of God. Our mission is to shine the Light of Jesus Christ into our local community and beyond--from Eastville to the World!
Join us every Thursday evening at 6:30 pm for Bible Study.
Don't worry about feeding the family on the first Saturday of the month! Come to Eastville Baptist and let us feed you. We're going to have fun and games for the kids and a short video Bible study followed by a discussion for the adults. So join us for food, fellowship and family fun!!
Free Breakfast!!!! Do I have your attention now?? Eastville Baptist Church hosts a free men's breakfast every second Saturday of the month. The catch is you've got to be a guy, a dude, a man, a bro, or simply male. Join us for delicious food, great conversations and friendship.
Nursery is provided during church service for children from newborn up to age 5. All of our nursery workers are background checked so you can relax and enjoy the sermon.
More free food!! Starting to see a trend here?? On the third Sunday of each month we have a fellowship luncheon so we can grow a stronger bond with each other and in the Lord.
Each month we try to have a youth event, for more information on those events please see our Youth Facebook page.
Join us every Thursday for a Bible study. We cover many different studies throughout the year. Come join us and see what we're covering now.
We ask you to please keep our church in your prayers as we search for a new pastor. On September 29th, 2019 we wished our friends (and former pastor and his wife) Peter and Michelle Surran farewell. We know God has a plan for them and for our church, Our prayers and blessings are with them as they move to NC to care for family.
1. Pray for deep spiritual cleansing and fullness of the Holy Spirit in each team member. (Psalms 66:18; John 15:5; Ephesians 5:18) Pray this each member by name.
2. Pray for keen discernment, wisdom and strength for the team chairman (Matthew 15:14)
3. Pray for powerful unity and oneness of spirit within the team. (Amos 3:3; Matthew 18:19)
4. Pray for God’s clear direction in how resumes are collected, examined and interviews conducted. Ask God to being the right person to the attention of the team. (Proverbs 14:12; Isaiah 55:5-9)
5. Pray for the search team to have God’s wisdom in all the questions and information they share with the prospective pastor. Spirit-led thoroughness is essential! (1 Corinthians 2:10-16)
6. Pray for the team to have wisdom as to the unique characteristics and traits most needed for our church.
7. Pray for the team to have no timetable but God’s. They must be determined to find God’s perfect time. (Ephesians 5:17)
8. Pray for the future pastor and his family to have absolute certainty in their sense of call to our church. (He must know he has God’s direction.)
9. Pray for the prevention of Satan’s influence in misleading or rushing the search team. (One of Satan’s wiles is deception.) Pray for a powerful hedge of protection around the committee and their families.
10. Pray for God’s guidance in how the future pastor is presented to the church. Pray for the church to have unity in his call to Eastville Baptist. (1 Corinthians 1:10; Acts 2:1) Pray for God’s strength and guidance in the pastor’s former church.
(From Seeking God to Seek a Pastor by Gregory Frizzell)
1. Pray that they pastor search period will be a time the church leans to seek God Himself more than just a new pastor. Lord, teach is to draw closer to Jesus and trust Him as the true head of the Church. (Jeremiah 29:13; James 4:8)
2. Pray for powerful move of congregational cleansing and renewal. Father, please cause this to be a time of cleansing and renewal in out church. (Psalms 66:18; 139:23-24)
3. Pray for strong consistence and focus in the present ministry of the church. Please grant great power to our interim pastor. Remind is that we serve Jesus, not a pastor. (Revelation 2:1-4; 3:15)
4. Pray for a miraculous sense of love and unity among all members and friends of the church. Help us to surrender any bitterness, division, and anger that might be within our church family. Lord, empower us to love one another with a patient, forbearing love. (John 13:34; 17:21)
5. Pray that we will patiently await God’s timing and settle for nothing less than His perfect will. Ask God for His mercy in giving us a true man of God and a great leader. (Hebrews 6:12)
6. Pray that we be prepared to make the necessary changes to embrace a new day of ministry. Lord, we understand that a new pastor always means changes. Help us to be prepared to change and grow with graciousness and unity. (Ephesians 4:1-6)
7. Pray for great unity in calling the new pastor. Lord, helps us to receive he and his family with deep love and renewed commitment. Grant us a powerful sense of revival and spiritual awakening as we move into the future. Pray for grace, guidance and strength for the church from which our new pastor came. (John 17:21; 1 Corinthians 1:10)
(From Seeking God to Seek a Pastor by Gregory Frizzell)